Zanzibar offers some of East Africa’s finest corals and you can dive on slopes, walls and overhangs.
Water temperatures are between 26 and 28 degrees celsius.
Enquire for daily double dives, single and night dives to the best sites around the island.All internationally available beginner to advanced courses can be arranged with our partner diving school, whose staff can, according to the tides, pick up and/or offload on the beach in front your accommodation.
Regarding marine life you will always see a multitude of tropical reef fish, nudibranchs, blue spotted rays, moray and ribbon eels, and other regularly seen species include octopus, barracuda, green turtles and hawksbill turtles.
There are also some historical wrecks in front of the capital stone town that thrive of marine life.
The diving around Zanzibar is also a fantastic area for macro photographers – various nudibranchs, pipefish and whip gobies can be found by those with a keen eye for the smaller stuff.
Ask us for special dive excursions on the east coast and north, or multi-day trips to Mafia and Pemba.
Our partner for scuba diving, a 5 Star Career Development Centre, is the only dive operation in East Africa running regular instructor examinations and to have a resident course director (highest qualification in the PADI system) overseeing operations.
They have an international team (with working permits) that have undergone internal training.
Also, in addition of the center being an are active members of the DAN decompression chamber in Zanzibar, all instructors are DAN members with individual teaching insurance.
All dives are guided by professionals (DM or above), always EFR and secondary care instructors on board, maximum 10 divers on board with at least 2 guides
The dive staff have obligatory fish id, first aid and in water rescue skill examinations monthly
- fast fiberglass boats with twin 100hp engines and a glass bottomed boat and many sites visited on the outside reef sites are not accessible for dhows.
- safety equipment on board (oxygen, GPS, drift lines, first aid kit, telephones).
- We use brand new Scubapro regulators and Faber 10L & 12L steel tanks.
- All equipment is serviced in house by our staff trained directly at producers facilities.
- Compressor filters are replaced strictly adhering to manufacturers standards (Bauer).